Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Googling for a cell phone

Well, it's been a few days, but my kind folks gave me an early birthday gift! (since the return period for this product would run out otherwise) And I don't remember the 1st 28 years worth of gifts, but this beats them all! AND to make it even more surprising, I found out before I got it that this product existed (and because I'm such a Google Geek), & I'd been doing research, downloading user manuals, etc... and my parents did an AMAZING job of keeping that secret.
Voila: http://www.t-mobileg1.com/ This thing is new, like brand new. It is the only cell phone that seamlessly connects to Google's services like Gmail & Google Calendar. If ya can't get a cell signal, then find a Wi-Fi hotspot (my whole house) and you're good to go on Gmail and Calendar apps, and if ya buy/rent their wireless router, get phone calls even out of range of cell towers (which our house is, by two streets, but I won't be stayin' in this house FOREVER-- so I don't get calls on it at home YET (I may get another device that's needed, we'll just see)). Gmail- check. Maps- GPS is included, so as long as it's on Google Maps, you can say "find me the nearest pizza joint to where I'm standing."! No need to spend hours plugging all the phone numbers in from your old cell phone into your new one-- as long as they're set up as Gmail contacts with their phone numbers, you're good to go.
I mean, you know you're a geek when you think that checking your email or surfin' the web while you're standing in a field is DA BOMB. Did that today.
This. Is. Totally. Wicked. Cool.

Oh yeah, and the kind rep at the store we went to for support issues misheard our home address-- which is on Fathom Court-- as "Fat Home Court." So now we live in a phat home. And props to all my mad peeps who be keepin' it real while I'm chillin' 'round the hizzy wit mah Google cell phonizzy, yo.

1 comment:

  1. You also know you're a geek when you text message someone from the back seat to the front seat of the car!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network