Thursday, June 25, 2009

GOOGLE VOICE IS HERE

Revolutionary. This is big.
Google Voice is here.

Google Voice will COMPLETELY change the way we use phones. Go to the link mixed in this rambling to see why it's the coolest thing. Ever. With cherries on top. Cool cherries. And whipped cream. Cool whipped cream. Dripping with coolness. And extra coolness for dessert. Followed by more rounds. Of coolness. Served by dancing coolnesses. Wearing skimpy coolnesses.

Wanna just try it? On the upper-right of http://jrox.blogspot.com/ there is now a Google Voice button. Click that and enter your phone number. Google will call you, then call me. It DOESN'T MATTER where in the U.S. you are. (I may get flooded with all y'all trying to call me at once, so in your voicemail, leave your callback number (be clear) and a good time of the week to call... I'll eventually get there) (or it may be none of you, either way)

This should be the only phone number I'll ever have for the rest of my life (or until I move to a new area code, whichever comes first (probbly moving)).
-=This is my (our) home phone number=-
-=This is my cell phone number=-

-=This is my work phone number-- well, will be=-
(EIGHT-SIX-FOUR) SEVEN-THREE-FIVE-S-A-I-L (7245)
(
es más, 7-EL-SAIL, amigos; entendido? Non?)

Why is this revolutionary? Read as much of THIS as you can. (And after you've gorged on that smorgasbord, be sure to click on Get an invite) You should find in there (at least):
- FREE U.S. long distance calls from ANY of your phones
- YOU decide which of your phones ring by time of day and/or who's calling
- free conference calling; now we can all be confused AT THE SAME TIME
- switch from one phone type to another DURING A CALL (house phone to cell or vice versa, say)
- RECORD snippets of calls easily (no scrambling for paper) (use cautiously, they'll know you're recording)

Calling my G.V. number will ring my home phone-- since that's currently shared, no calls after 22:00(EST) please. Or just send me an email & I'll get that on my cell phone and call ya when I'm free... no matter where ya are, FOR FREE. (And yeah, I do realize in this cell-phone era, free long-distance is no biggie, but it's free long-distance from ANY of your phones)

1 comment:

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network