Tuesday, June 16, 2009

LLSC!

So it only took 29.5 years, but I found my way back to the waters of Lake Lanier, near Hotlanta. (if you're doing the math, yes, I did sail there when I was 6 months old) The weekend of the 13th/14th I got invited to be crew in the Reggae Regatta on someone else's boat, mon. That was BY FAR the most sailboats I've seen in one place, irie? It was nifty to see guys I knew from my last sail club as well. And the skipper and I have never sailed together before and we got along fine-- he's got a great sense of humor ("The beatings will continue until the morale on this boat improves") and is appropriately sympathetic to the things I just don't do well (yet). AND WE DID VERY WELL! Out of a fleet of 9 boats, our best finish was fifth! I haven't done THAT before (or even close)! We jammin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network