Thursday, May 22, 2008

RC boat!!!

So President Bush and Vice-President Cheney (yeah, I'll admit to needing help with that) were having breakfast at a restaurant, and the waitress asks "Mr. Cheney, what would you like?" He says bacon and eggs. She then says, "And Mr. Bush, how can we please you?" He replies, "A quickie." The waitress leaves in a huff. Cheney turns to Bush and says, "Sir, that's pronounced 'keesh.'"

So, today was a huge day for me... my sailing club, WCSC, had a race today. Well, not just ANY race, but day 1 (a practice-only day) of the Buccaneer North American championships! (a four day event including the practice day) And I was on the RC boat with the PRO! (race committee & principal race officer to lubbers) I was raising and lowering signal flags, and writing down the finisher's sail numbers as they finished. All in all, it was really great practice for MY eventual sailboat races... getting used to the starting sequence was a fantastic opportunity, and MAYBE means I'll avoid being OCS when I race, but since they aren't related, we'll see. ("on course side" of the starting line)

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network