Friday, April 17, 2009

Voc. Rehab Evaluation, day #19, a -great- week

Oh man did my week turn out better than good.

First, it started off great with an Easter visit from cousin Brad, his wife Danae, and my sweetheart (their doggie), Abbey. We played lots of board games and everyone sailed over to the Tiki Hut, my favorite sport and my favorite restaurant combined. Thanks y'all for making this a special Easter.

Then today EASILY pushed this week over the top.

1. First, I had a test in Occupational Therapy (really just finished taking one I started the other day). It was a mix of different things such as "memorize this shape, then turn the page and pick the one out of 4 that matches". So when I finished, we worked out my score. I got sixty-two out of sixty-five right!!!

2. Then this was wicked cool-- there's been talk that maybe I'm not a good candidate for computer school because I often got lost and had to ask directions around the buildings in my first week and a half here (do you see the correlation, 'cause I don't). Then halfway through a morning class, my counselor came & pulled me out to take a programming test in the programming language I'm trained in (Java)! Now some of the stuff on the test we didn't do in my job and some of this stuff I hadn't seen since I was a sophomore in college. And while I was taking it, I couldn't answer this question in my head: "I'm taking this test to get into their computer -school-... so should I try to do awesome, or just bomb it?" But I went for awesome and got an -82%-!!! Pretty dang good considering I haven't used or seen some of that stuff in 10 years! (Now their computer school doesn't teach my language, Java, so stay tuned, not sure yet how this saga is going to play out)

The 3rd thing that made today so cool I'll post separately since it's so completely unrelated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network