Friday, April 17, 2009

Z-CoiL shoes are incredible!

3. Then to make this an even cooler day, I went and tried new shoes. Why am I excited about shoes? These things are so wicked cool! There's only 3 stores in the state that sell them, 2 at the coast and 1 in Columbia, so since I'm only in Cola Town for 1 more week, "let's have a look." They're called Z-coiL shoes. Mom got a pair as well. The website makes it look like only pain sufferers would need to bother with them, but BELIEVE me, ANYONE would. My folks have found me twice today just walking in circles with a huge grin on my face. What makes them different is that the heel is very high and underneath it there's about a 3 inch spring coil that goes between your heel & the ground. The only difference between mine and mom's is that nothing covers her springs, so you can easily see them, but I say the covers provide some sideways stability. I tried them without covers at 1st, but it was too nerve wracking to try to guess which way your foot might get pushed EVERY SINGLE STEP. So I was about to leave when she had one more thing for me to try. I got heel thingies that look like normal shoe heels and cover my springs and make it a LOT more stable when I walk. So instead of being my usual 6'2", I can now look down from the height of about 6'4". The only issue is that today's clouds sometimes got my head wet and always obscured visibility.

Now I'm excited this much about the shoes because the injury to my ankle made me an over-supinator. That means that my ankle rolls outward with every step, so I correct by walking with my foot pointing outward, not straight forward. Since they can (and did) adjust the spring to push my heel inward, these shoes correct my foot's wanting to roll, and I can now walk with both feet pointed straight forward! I just wore them at Riverbanks (the Cola Town zoo), and man do I feel like I'm flying! It feels like I'm walking on an endless trampoline! And my folks say my posture has improved 1000%! These'll help prevent me from having back problems later on in life indeed. That's why my parents learned that all my nurses wore them-- gotta be on your feet on a hard floor all day? TRY Z-COILS. Dad says that he heard that these have helped folks who normally use canes or walkers-- after they got a pair of these, no more need for the cane or walker. If they're sold at a store within a couple hours' drive (or a short plane ride), GO (click to check store locations). You'll thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network