Monday, March 15, 2010

WOW-- I GOT TO MEET CASSIE

WOW.  Walk back a few years with me.  So I'm in my coma for 5 weeks.  There's no good news.  They bring a therapy dog in to see me, hoping that'll help.  Cassie calmly lays down on my chest.  AND YES IT DOES HELP.  I reach for the dog and wrap my arm around her and begin petting her.  To put that in perspective, keep in mind that I hadn't done anything for weeks-- I hadn't even drawn a breath on my own, tracheostomy tube's still in.  But here I am, petting this lovely canine.  The docs look for a "purposeful movement", as you might have an arm randomly flail about or something.  So THIS was the sign they were waiting for, the first sign I'm waking up.
So the way I see the world, I'm awake due to dogs, and this dog, Cassie, specifically!
And today, March 15th 2010, I got to MEET my savior.  (apparently, I've met her before, but I wasn't so much "with it" upstairs)  
How cool is that, to be able to shower love on the being that's the reason you're conscious!  Today was such a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network