Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gmail is no longer invitation-only! CHECK IT OUT!

HUH!  It used to be (for many years) that the only way to get a Gmail account was through an invite from someone who already has a Gmail account.  I was trying to convince a friend of how great this email service is, and noticed that I no longer have the "Invite a friend" box in my Gmail like I've seen for the last decade or so.  I go looking into it, and I'll be darned!  Gmail has finally gone public!  I can't gush enough about how useful it can be, both in terms of the way Google organizes things, and in how they allow you to have infinite control, one way is through these things they call Filters that automatically handle incoming emails in certain ways that you define before you even see those particular emails.  Even though switching your email address around is a pain, (gotta update banks, etc.), THIS IS WORTH IT.  My folks switched to Gmail a few years ago, and are very satisfied.  OK, I'll shut up now.  Please check it out, maybe even just do a test run that no one else will know about yet:
Might wanna view a quick "welcome to Gmail" tutorial I cobbled together a few years ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network