Sunday, October 4, 2009

Googling for 'define: backwoods'

What follows is an email from dad about a local newspaper clipping, in the 'Weddings' section.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only in Pickens County.....

"We love each other, but we don't have a lot in common.....

1. I like soup and salad for lunch, he prefers hay and oats....
2. I like to put on a nice dress to go out in the evening, he wants to put on that damn saddle...
3. I like to watch the news on TV at night, he always wants to watch "Mr. Ed"....
4. When we go on a trip, I always look for a 4 star hotel, he always looks for a barn...
5. I like to save money when I buy shoes, he always has to buy two pairs...."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That makes sense once you see this. I'm so glad I moved to the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network