Thursday, October 1, 2009

Independance Day: 10/1/09

So I'm just beaming. TODAY WAS MY 1ST TOTALLY INDEPENDENT DAY. My folks aren't even in this town. I walked over to the bus station and took a bus to my gym. I took a bus back. I was concerned about finding my way from the gym to the bus stop, since I've only walked it once before in that direction. But I found it easily (memory's doing so much better). Also found that I like taking buses, as you get to mingle with the public and meet all kinds of folks, as well as read a book.

And as far as my selection of reading choices goes, I'm near the beginning of The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas. This book turned dad from a "reads a menu when forced to" reader into "a new book every week or two" reader. Highly recommended. And I got to this part today:
"Die? Oh, no!" he cried out. "What would be the point of having lived and suffered so much if I were going to die now? No, I want to live, to fight on to the end. I want to win back the happiness that was taken away from me."

And having my independence back means I've won back that happiness.

HIP HIP, HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network