Saturday, October 3, 2009

running... up a hill of SAND?!?

So my physical rehab took a sharp upturn on Friday. At my gym, I was doing several all-new exercises. Then I tried THE new exercise. Just the day before, they finished installing a ton of sand on a hillside. The idea is that you run. Up the hillside. In the sand. Whew. That's. Hard.

The first few tries, I made it about 4 feet up the hill. The GOOD news, though, is that I actually caught my fall by putting my arms/hands forward. That's new. Early on in my recovery, when I would fall, I wouldn't even attempt to stop myself falling. It was just "TIM-BER!" But at least I'm reacting appropriately now.

Then it occurred to me that perhaps I wasn't making it far because I started running about 25 feet back from the hill. OK, so let's start at the base of the hill. MADE IT TO THE TOP 3 TIMES! This gym is so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network