Sunday, December 27, 2009

I HAVE (physically) RECOVERED

So at my gym, they introduced me to the plank exercise (click to see what I'm yammering about). It's a deal where you try to hold a certain position as long as you can. My first one was a measly 10 seconds. Yow, yikes. But I was determined to improve. I began doing them when I woke up, and before I went to bed. My time was improving, like to 4 minutes & 1 second. Then for a short while, I was doing it right around every meal. Recently I was doing planks at my gym and someone new was watching me, and the "gotta show off" piece of my brain kicked into overdrive (this is after I wised up & stopped doing this 3 times a day), and I pulled it off for 4 minutes & 31 seconds.
Now, the owner of my gym and his buddy do planks every single day. They've told me they're up in the FIVE MINUTE range. That has been my goal for such a long time. I mean, you can't claim you've physically recovered until you're on par with the owner of your gym. And I admit, the last few weeks, I've been really slacking off.

BUT... goal set. Goal achieved. I just did FIVE MINUTES AND ONE SECOND. I hear an army chant-- "What's that you say?" "UH HUH UH HUH" "Who wants to improve?" "I DO I DO" "Who won't rest until he surpasses all expectations?" "I WON'T I WON'T" "What's that you say again?" "COME GET SOME!"
I now know what motivation looks like. Motivation looks like:
0:00:10
0:04:02
0:04:31
0:05:01

Now, this in no way means that I'm gonna be able to do this every time. And it's very possible I wasn't correctly positioned, I was alone in my living room reading a book. But hear me now Darren, I'm coming for YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network