Wednesday, June 25, 2008

#4893

So yesterday, I met the only neighbors we'll ever have. Pretty cool.

So today, my BEST WEEK EVER came to a crescendo (tomorrow's going to be very cool, but lost that race). You know, it's simple, going into a five week coma and coming out of it makes it very clear what matters in life. Through that process, you get a clew as to what's important (technically, two clews). This morning, Harry Carpenter HIMSELF delivered MY new sailboat, Flying Scot #4893. (SEE if Google can make the connection between Mr. Carpenter & Scots) They're so massively stable (that's why we chose them, that and the fact that I've crewed mostly on this kind of sailboat for two years), we had two folks stand on the edge of the side, hold onto the sidestays, and lean wayyyy out. And it STILL wouldn't capsize. ("tip over" as the lubbers say) And a bud also with F.S. of his own (that I've crewed for before) helped me out massively in the learning curve process. Spencer went out for a 15 min. sail with us, and was EXTREMELY helpful in sharing all the things he's learned from boat ownership of the exact same type. This is a public THANK YOU, Spencer. You know, if this looking death square in the face experience has taught me anything, life's TOO SHORT not to own a Flying Scot.

And then, to put this over the edge for the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE, we got home and a large Cafepress(.com) box was sitting on our doorstep. Now I haven't finished making shirts (of my own designs) in all possible colors, etc, but I have at least one of each in MY size shirt, and that's what I ordered to get me rolling. (The stores will be, or are, on the upper-right of this page.) You know, when the time came to order them, I had to find out what size shirt I wore... large. I was like "LARGE?!?! Why don't they just call me fat? APPARENTLY, lying on your back asleep in hospitals for five weeks make you put on a few pounds. WHOEVER would've guessed that?" Then I looked at all the shirts I owned before the wreck... ummm yeah, never mind.

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network