Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I've been busy...

1) Getting my Humane Society hooked up on Gazelle.com.  That should prove to be very useful to everyone involved-- them & you.  They'll now accept donations of all kinds of old gadgets you thought were junk, or forgot you had.  Just use this website to find the item you want to donate, it'll have you immediately print a pre-paid shipping label, and all you gotta do is find a box to drop your old or new (& carefully packaged) gadgets (cell phones, etc.) in the mail for free!  Once Gazelle gets your gadgets, Greenville Humane Society reaps the reward!  How cool is that?  All you need is an old gadget, a box, and you can help with animal welfare!  C'mon, you could hang on to that old cell phone, even though you bought a new one last year, or you could donate it and help animals get saved to better lives.  Elephants don't do this.  Dolphins don't do this.  Help me show that compassion is an upper-level human trait.

2) Watching the feel-good video of the year.

3) Realizing my 5-week coma was really 5 weeks of hibernation.  Similarities I've found so far:

I didn't appear to lose any intelligence
I out-and-out ate like a pig for 1.5 years afterwards ("Are you done with that?")
I lost a lot of weight during my hibernation, just like bears do
I woke up when it was warm outside, just like bears do
          When a bear wakes up, they have a hard time walking for a while, because they haven't used their limbs for so long...just like me
          Huh!  I found this quote on Wikipedia: "The epaulette sharks have been documented to be able to survive for long periods of time without oxygen, even being left high and dry, and at temperatures of up to 26 °C (79 °F). Other animals able to survive long periods without oxygen include the goldfish, the red-eared slider turtle, the wood frog, the bar-headed goose, and Jeff Knox."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network