Saturday, February 27, 2010

this is MY town / G-stuff / hungry dog

Man, this is my town!  I just had dinner at the restaurant across the street, and as soon as I walked in, it was "Hi Jeff", "Hi Jeff", "Hi Jeff" from like 5 different directions at once.  I know the waitstaff very well, since I normally eat there when they're dead empty, like at 2:00pm.  And having dinner there tonight was one of my therapists, a speech therapist from the early days.  It's just one more slice of the cake that Jeff 2.0's making-- Jeff 1.0's problem was that he didn't get involved much, and therefore felt kinda isolated.  Jeff 2.0 is involved in as much as I can, to the point where one out of every half-dozen times I walk down Main St., someone says "Hi Jeff", and I may or may not even recognize them.  I'm likin' this 2nd lease on life, and I'm gonna keep on adding more things on my plate...

So I keep a pretty close eye on what Google's doing, since they've made so many products that just make sense and work amazingly (Gmail explained by puppets).  So pretty much the day they opened the Google Voice service, I signed up. (that's how I snagged 735-SAIL, it pays to be an early adopter)  They've just made some videos explaining why this service is so freakin' useful: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/google-voice-explained.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/MKuf+(Official+Google+Blog)  (if you scroll down, there's 10 separate videos, each explaining a feature)

And last but certainly not least, a whimsical dog video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvqmrFPpLqo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network