Tuesday, December 20, 2011

THIS IS -=SO=- COOL! I've figured out where I was for those 5 weeks!

   THIS IS SO COOL!  I've figured out for sure where I was for those 5 weeks!  (5/26/07 - 7/1/07)  So we're currently on vacation at Hilton Head, SC.  Several of my relatives have been here, and if so, I guarantee you've been to this spot.  So we rented a bike & two tricycles for the week (this island has bike trails all over-- excellent), and we just biked to the South Beach Marina. (home of the Salty Dog restaurant-- if you've been to the island, that should jog your memory)
   When we first arrived at South Beach, I was like "I've been here... recently, within the last few years."  My folks were like "No, no you haven't, and certainly not since the wreck..."  Then as I wandered around, I just knew where certain mundane things were-- "I spent a lot of time on this dock by this launching ramp in the marina, looking at that cove over there, I walked right between this pool and these tennis courts a good bit, and here's the spiral wired staircase I predicted would be right here-- in fact, I believe I lived here, at the top of this spiral staircase, in that condo, above this parrot."  (I've never lived anywhere close to here)  It was kind of like having a dream-- well, exactly that actually-- and then getting to walk through your dream but in reality!  HOLY JUNKBUTTER!!!  I cannot believe I found it!  I haven't been looking for these spots that stand out so vividly in my memory banks, but I definitely know this is where I was!  I just have so many recollections of mundane things at this Marina... that never happened.  It could have just been a dream, but there are so many different memories at this spot, it would have to have been a sequence of recurring dreams.  Which is exactly why I say I was here during the coma-- I don't dream anymore, a well-known side-effect of brain injuries.  Musta been those 5 weeks then...
   So y'all call it a "coma," I now call it a "vacation!"  I mean, how cool is that?!?  That drunk driver sent me on a 5-week retreat to Hilton Head Island!  Thanks!  It makes sense, too, the whole bit about your brain returning to where it's at it's most relaxed...  I certainly didn't feel like I was missing anything, but I definitely feel whole, complete again...

1 comment:

  1. More places that I swear I was at recently, all in Savannah (which I wasn't... in body):
    - I was DEFINITELY at City Market
    - River Street was *precisely* where I went many times during the coma
    - I know I had a meal at Tubby's, which is apparently an old favorite

    So, interesting-- it wasn't just the Salty Dog that I visited whilst comatose, I went back to Savannah, about an hour's drive away from Hilton Head. And apparently I've been to Savannah quite a bit, as on top of many ultimate Frisbee tournaments here in my college days, my folks say once in college I needed a break from studying for finals so I just drove down to Savannah & back in a day! That's a 4.5 hour drive one way! Was I nuts?

    ReplyDelete

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network