Thursday, January 6, 2011

IMPORTANT if you drink alcohol and get an Android phone

So I went by my favorite pizzeria on the way home for a diet coke and to say hi to friends.  The lady two barstools down from me had an Android cell phone on the bar that said in a font so loud I could read it, "BAC level 1.19"  I was like "Excuse me, what is THAT?"
It was the "Blood Alcohol" app on Android phones.  You simply push a button for each alcoholic drink you consume, telling it what kind of alcohol it was, and it makes you aware of your blood alcohol level, which goes up over time as your body digests more alcohol.
If only we had THAT in May '07.  Please, if you drink alcohol, and you ever end up with an Android cell phone (highly recommended), you NEED this app.  She said there's several that do the same thing.  Find the one on the Market you like, you can try each app for [some unknown time] and still get a full refund, and then use it.  It may save your life.

And then... I started to tell her why I'm so interested, and she says "Oh, I know your story.  Heard about it from my friend Mia who's a waitress at the Handlebar." (an old weekly haunt of mine)  HOLY HELL!  I cannot leave this town, it's just too good to be already famous to people you don't even know... (well, sorta, apparently, I've met her about 4 times in the last few years)

1 comment:

  1. That's a good point and a great app to direct people to.

    ReplyDelete

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network