Sunday, January 9, 2011

that was amusing-- my kindergarten teacher & a peek into the Knox household

So I'm learning more & more how much of an impact your kindergarten teacher has on your life.  I've heard tell of folks who went back to revisit their kindergarten teachers in adult years.  And I'm thinking, "My life has turned out so amazingly well, and has taught me that it's SO worth it to be more than a decent person, to go out of your way to go the extra mile... I'd like to revisit my kindergarten teacher, and say a big THANK YOU for putting me on the right path!"

Well, there's a problem with that plan.  I sorta don't remember much before May 26 2007.  I attended kindergarten before May 26 2007.  Hmmm... quandary.  Ooh, got it-- I may not know, but my folks certainly do!

<ring ring>  dad: "Hello?"
Jeffy: "How's it going.  Okay, enough chit-chat, down to business.  I'd like to know who my kindergarten teacher was, probably go revisit him or her when we're in Asheville next year for my "don't drink and drive" speech at the high school.  So who was it?"
dad: "Oh, there's no need to do all that traveling."
Spunky: "Oh  yes there is."
dad: "Well, you actually know who it was."
Buzz Lightyear: "That's just it-- I don't have a clue."
dad: "Here'a  BIG HINT-- I'm married to her."

Jazz: "MOM WAS MY KINDERGARTEN TEACHER?!?  Oh man, now I feel really bad about trying to get her arrested for the drug habit.  At least the cop thought I was joking, though."

true story: a few years ago, I did try to get a cop in McDonald's to arrest mom "for her drug habit."  Little thought was given to 'reasonable cause for suspicion.'  I randomly walked up to a cop in line and said "Pardon me sir, would you please arrest my mom for drugs?"  The fuzz didn't bite.  Good thing, too, as although I tried to get her locked up in the big house by ol' Smokey, have her bunkin' down with Big Sue, "for her drug habit", there is no drug habit.  At least, no non-prescription drug habit.  At least, no non-prescription drug habit that we have evidence of.  This "joke" has been running rampant in my immediate family ever since that day.  It came out of left field, too-- "Hey, there's a cop, lemme just go see what happens if I get mom arrested for drugs for no reason whatsoever."  I'm probably gonna be cooking my own meals next time I stay at their house, for blogging this.  Next time this opportunity presents itself though, I'm gonna play it smarter and use "Pardon me, would you please arrest my-- that lady over there-- for drugs?"  Every time we've seen a cop since, mom's shoulders get visibly tight... my prediction is that I pull one of these stunts again, and she just flat-out starts booking it.  So the cop will hear "Will you please arrest this lady" followed by the lady high-tailing it... that would be the "do not pass go, do not collect $200" path for that lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here. In an ideal world, it would reference the post above...

Hide -n- go seek

Profile for CacheDeal

In between Q & S is Arrr!

My pirate name is:
Captain Jack Kidd
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network